Akerson Tower Open House
When it comes to underrated event venues in Annapolis, Maryland, Akerson Tower comes first to mind. Not only is it a perfect location for those who have pride our Midshipmen and the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, it also offers spectacular features. For starters, the view of the stadium and surrounding areas are stunning. So, naturally, Main & Market and the Naval Academy Athletic Association held an open house, to showcase the location and local event vendors.
Akerson Tower can house up to 300 people. It is composed of two large suites, the North and South Tower rooms. You can rent both or just one. Main & Market staged the South Tower and served a delicious menu. There was a photo booth provided by Hamilton, music by Bayside Rhythm Section, custom decorated tables with gorgeous floral arrangements and open bar to showcase the versatility of the space. The location makes for a picturesque location for weddings, fundraisers, corporate parties, and more! For more information about pricing and availability, contact us or email Kris Morgenthaler of the Naval Academy Athletic Association. See below for more photos and the featured menu.
The Akerson Tower Open House featured Main & Market catering menu items including butler-passed appetizers, a thirsty tasting station, club plates, dessert station, and a full bar.
Hors d’ oeuvres
- Blackened Beef Tenderloin Skewer
- Seared Tuna Kurosawa
- Strawberry filled with Mascarpone
- Sautéed Petite Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
- Bacon wrapped chicken with a serrano sticky glaze
- Slow Roasted Pork
- Martini glass of guacamole and homemade tortilla chips
- Mini margarita sip
- Bruschetta Bar
- Toppings: Balsamic glaze, salsa, pesto, olive tapenade, roasted garlic, sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, feta cheese, fresh basil, and Proscuitto thinly sliced
- Seared Salmon over a potato leek latke
- Wild mushrooms with a velvety gorgonzola sauce
- Chocolate Mousse Cups shooters
- Miniature Key Lime mousse shooters
- Strawberry shortcake shooters
- Donut hole pops
- Peanut butter bonbons
- Assorted chocolate truffles
All these amazing photos were provided by Annapolis wedding photographers, Hamilton Photography.